A sudden and unfortunate car accident can cause unexpected injuries, trauma, and losses. Drivers in Idaho often behave irrationally and recklessly behind the wheel. This is a fault state, which means that the at-fault driver is liable for paying compensation to victims (other drivers, passengers, cyclists, and pedestrians). If you sustained losses and injuries in an accident where the other party was negligent, you should consult an Idaho car accident attorney to know the worth of your claim.
The first consultation is always free
Personal injury law firms usually offer a free initial consultation for car accident victims. The gesture comes in handy for those who cannot afford an attorney because of financial distress but need assistance anyway to win a fair settlement. When you call a lawyer’s office, you can expect a quick conversation on the phone, and if the lawyer is interested, they will schedule a meeting in person. You can use this window to ask questions including –
- What do you think of my car accident claim?
- Should I file a third-party claim or take this ahead with my insurer?
- What are my losses worth?
- What should I expect in a settlement?
- Do you expect the case to go to trial?
- How well-versed are you with car accident claims and lawsuits?
- What are some of your top cases and settlements?
- Can you share a few references?
- Will you personally take my case or assign this to an associate?
- How can I get updates on my case?
The cost of hiring an injury lawyer in Idaho
Most personal injury lawyers in Idaho work on a contingency basis. If the lawyer agrees to take the case, they will not ask for an upfront fee. If and when you win a financial settlement from the other party or the insurance company, they will charge a part of the amount. The contingency fee of car accident attorneys may vary from 25% to 40%, depending on the facts of the case. Top lawyers can charge a tad more for their expertise and experience. If there are litigation and investigation expenses, the lawyer can advance these expenses until you get paid.
As you may have guessed by now, hiring an attorney for your car accident claim doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. The best step would be to seek legal representation soon after the crash so that you have enough time to work on the case.