While the advancement across every branch of medicine over the past few years is astonishing, the bitter truth is that even a routine check-up becomes life-threatening business. Yes, regardless of where you see in the world, medical errors occur, and many are affected. The situation is no different in Australia as reports show that about 18,000 medical errors occur annually and 50,000 people suffer permanent injury per year due to medical negligence.

Medical malpractice is alive and it comes in different forms! If you have incurred an injury due to a breach in duty of care, you should fight back. Moreover, you are entitled to claim medical negligence compensation.

What is medical malpractice? 

Any negligence act by a healthcare professional in performing their duty is called medical negligence. It happens when the doctor diagnoses wrongly or fails to provide the care which is needed and results in injury or death of a patient. There are several situations where you could take legal action against the medical practitioner if you have suffered due to negligence.

What should you do if you have been subjected to negligent care? 

There are laws in Australia that can help you claim compensation for the injury you have sustained. Most of the states have a three years time limit for claiming the compensation. However, there are provisions for a claim to be made longer than three years if the injury was not evident immediately.  It is always best to seek guidance from the Personal Injury Lawyer Perth where the alleged medical malpractice occurred.

In fact, if you feel that you have been a victim of medical negligence, approaching a personal injury law firm Perth should be the first step as medical malpractice law is complex and needs careful investigation before making a claim. A thorough investigation should be conducted by the Personal Injury Lawyer Perth to determine whether the case is actionable.

What can you do to avoid experiencing medical malpractice?

When it comes to your health, being proactive about medical care is the best step. Don’t just blindly believe what your GP says, get the second opinion. Research or ask more questions to the healthcare professional about the condition. The more you ask, the more information you could gather. Don’t be afraid to find a new doctor if you feel that you are not receiving proper care or if your symptoms exist even after a lot of treatments.

Whether you are looking for personal injury lawyers or criminal injury lawyers Perth, look no further than Trewin Norman & CO. They offer legal advice and representation in all areas of personal injury law including motor vehicle accidents, workers’ compensation, public liability, criminal injuries compensation and superannuation claims.

Similar Posts