Because of their sheer size alone, trucks can cause serious injuries and damages when they collide with much smaller vehicles. Those who are victims of truck accidents are often left trying to pick up the pieces of their lives, only to find themselves revictimized as they seek an insurance claim. Injured victims need to be aware of how they can get help from a Truck accident law firm. These law firms are dedicated to assisting injured victims and helping them receive the fair outcomes they deserve.
What Are the Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
Although most truck drivers practice driving safely and follow the rules of the road, accidents can happen. Sometimes, they cannot be avoided, but in some cases, the fault lies with the driver. The following are some of the most common reasons for truck accidents to occur.
- Driver negligence and error can both be common in truck accidents. A truck driver could fail to look before entering traffic. They could also drive under the influence or speed. All of these can be factors when it comes to truck accidents.
- Unfortunately, driver fatigue is also a problem with truck accidents. Although drivers are required to stop and rest frequently, these rules are not always heeded. When a driver has not had adequate sleep, their reaction times will not be normal, and they could end up causing a serious accident.
- Improper maintenance is also a common factor among truck accidents. Maintaining large rigs is essential for their safety. If a truck has not been maintained properly, issues can occur that could lead to serious injuries and even death.
- A properly balanced truck is also essential for safety. Drivers must be sure their truck is properly loaded and balanced or it could tip over while driving. Deadly accidents can occur when a truck falls over onto another vehicle.
- Truck defects can also cause accidents. When a truck defect is to blame, manufacturers can be held accountable for any accidents that were caused.
- Poor hiring practices are also the cause of serious truck accidents. A trucking company is required to screen applicants carefully. They must check the background of the driver, including their driving record. If a company hires a dangerous driver, they can be held accountable for accidents.
Get Legal Help Today
Those who have been injured in serious trucking accidents need to find advocacy in a law firm. Getting help from a law firm will allow victims to learn about their rights and the steps that are necessary for pursuing their claims.
An injury lawyer becomes an advocate for their injured client. They work to gather evidence that can be used to pursue the truck driver, their employer, or even the truck manufacturer.
Injury lawyers will help injured victims pursue their insurance claims. They will also work to pursue the matter in court if it becomes necessary. Scheduling a consultation appointment with the lawyer is the first step in the process that will allow an injured victim to get the fair outcome they deserve.